Asset Protection Insurance
Click here to download the Insurance Product Information Document
Click here to download the policy handbook
Welcome to Asset Protection from AutoTrust. AutoTrust Asset Protection is provided by Car Care Plan and has achieved the highest Star Rating from Defaqto the UK’s leading independent financial services rating agency. It is considered to offer one of the most comprehensive offerings in the market .
This policy is designed to help you in the event that your vehicle is stolen or damaged beyond economical repair and deemed to be a total loss by your motor insurance company.
Should the worst happen, AutoTrust Asset Protection could pay the difference between the write off settlement from your motor insurance company and the price you paid for your vehicle or the outstanding balance on your vehicle finance, lease or contract hire agreement, whichever is greater.
AutoTrust Asset Protection eligibility
AutoTrust Asset Protection eligibility Your dealer will have made sure you are eligible for AutoTrust Asset Protection but you are eligible for cover if at the start of the policy:
- You are resident in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands and remain so throughout the Period of Insurance
- You are either the owner of Your Vehicle or have a finance, contract hire or Lease Agreement in relation to Your Vehicle, or are the registered keeper of Your Vehicle;
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You hold a full driving licence which is valid in the United Kingdom;
- You hold a valid policy providing comprehensive motor insurance for the Vehicle.
Your Vehicle is eligible for cover if at the Start Date of the policy:
- The Vehicle is less than 10 years old;
- The Vehicle has fewer than 100,000 miles on the odometer;
- The Vehicle is not to be used for racing, pace making, speed testing, reliability trials or any off-road event;
- The Vehicle is not to be used for hire or reward, short-term self-drive or driving tuition in connection with Your occupation;
- The Vehicle is not a commercial vehicle of more than 3,500kg gross weight, kit-car, invalid carriage, a grey or parallel import or a vehicle not built for sale in the United Kingdom.
- The Vehicle is no more than 100 days from the original date of purchase
- The Vehicle is listed in Glass’s Guide
How to make a claim
If you have to make a claim on your motor insurance and you think your vehicle might be declared a Total Loss, here’s what to do:
Contact AutoTrust Asset Protection Customer Services on 0344 573 8069, or email [email protected]
You will need to tell us within 120 days of your total loss occurring and when calling us, you will need to have your policy details ready.